SNAP Mission Statement
Our most powerful tool is the light of truth.
Through our actions, we bring
healing and justice.
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) is a volunteer self-help organization of survivors of clergy sexual abuse and their supporters.
We work to end the cycle of abuse in two ways:
- By supporting one another in personal healing;
- By pursuing justice and institutional change by holding individual perpetrators responsible and the church accountable.
Our most powerful tool is the light of truth. Through our stories and our actions, we bring healing and justice.
- Reach out to survivors, their families, and supporters;
- Build mechanisms to support our life-long journey of personal healing including individual contact, peer counseling, support groups, written and web-based information and materials;
- Work through education and persuasion to change the structure and culture of abuse in the church and society at large.